jueves, 23 de diciembre de 2010

Disney Pictures

Disney Pictures
I know it may sound childish, but today I’m going to talk about Disney pictures.  Disney pictures started to be created in the 20’s. Since then, everybody, children and not so children, enjoy watching Disney cartoons.  Everybody remembers Goofy, Pluto, Mickey Mouse…we all (my grandparents, my parents and I) grow up with them. I like very much these cartoons, I always cry when I watch them. Below I’m going to talk about some of these cartoons.
The first feature film was Snow White and the seven Dwarfs. Its premiere was in 1938: but I want to talk about some of my favourites Disney pictures as Lady and the Tramp. Its premiere was in 1955 and the story is about two dogs which fall in love. The lady is a purebred dog whose family cares and loves and the tramp is a stray dog. One day the lady escape from her house and the stray dog take care of her; this is the moment where they fall in love. The two dogs marry each other and have little dogs.
Definitely my favourite Disney movie is The Lion King. Its premiere was in 1994. The movie is based on the tragedy of Hamlet by William Shakespeare. The story is about a young lion which lives on the African savannah. The lion’s name is Simba and his father is the King of the African savannah. The songs of this film were composed by Elton John and Tim Rice; one of their songs won the Oscar prize. I always cry when I see this movie, I think it is so beautiful.
Now I’m going to talk about Disney princesses. Disney has some really good stories; these stories are about love, hate, the attempt to do harm to others, the triumph of good…       
For me one of the most emotional Disney pictures is Anastasia. This story is based on the true story   of the Russian royal family. The story is about the urban legend that the little Anastasia survived the execution of her family. In the movie, Anastasia survived, and with Dimitri and Vladimir, go to Paris to look for her grandmother. Anastasia and Dimitri fall in love with each other. I love this movie.
Another Disney movie which refers to friendship, love, prejudice...is The Hunchback of Notre Dame. This movie is inspired by Victor Hugo novel; the gargoyles which are Quasimodo friends are called Victor and Hugo as a tribute to the author.  Quasimodo is a boy in charge of ringing the church bells.   Esmeralda, who became Quasimodo’s friend, is a pretty gypsy girl who   falls in love with Febo.   Frollo is the bad person in this movie; he hates gypsy people and also hates Quasimodo because of his appearance.  In the end, everything gets right.    

Now I would like to talk about a movie called Ever After. This movie is inspires on Cinderella story. The plot of the movie is similar to the Disney story. Danielle de Barbarac (played by Drew Barrymore)    work as an employee in her own house since her father died; her step mother hates her, because her father loved her very much. One of the step sisters is kind with her, while the other one is very cruel to her. Danielle falls in love with Henry (played by Dougray Scott); together stage a beautiful love story.                             


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario